The Trust’s SEND forum provides support and challenge to ensure all children and young people in our schools with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities access the highest quality provision and achieve excellent outcomes.
- To support academies in delivering the EMAT SEND policy in practice
- To support the development of a coherent and robust approach to SEND provision across EMAT
- To provide an opportunity for SENCOs to access quality CPD through a peer-to-peer approach
- To provide an opportunity to share national and local updates on SEND
- To provide a forum for SENCOs to input into future developments around SEND as part of the wider EMAT school improvement strategy
- EMAT Academy SENCOs and governors
- EMAT Head of Governance and Head of School Development
- Natalie Packer (Chair)
- Other stakeholders to be invited to individual meetings, as appropriate e.g. Principals, EMAT executive team members, local authority representatives
The SEND Forum meets three times per year during term time.
Its Chair Natalie Packer has a vast range of experience in education, particularly SEND. She works with primary, secondary and special schools to provide professional development and training, and offer expertise on supporting pupils with SEND.