Olympic Day - June 2022
The #EMATOlympics took place throughout June involving pupils from all seven schools. The event included:
- Seven Fun Runs
- Our first Ability Games Year 1 and 2 Participation Festival
- Year 3/4 Competitive Event
- Year 5/6 Competitive Event
- Year 7/8/9 Competitive Event
As part of this year's event we also trained around ten students from Prince Wililam School and Northampton International Academy in media presenting skills, so they were able to report on events during the live stream on 30th June. Plus teacher Andy Russell from Northampton International Academy also created the trust's own Olympic torch.
This event was our third whole trust sporting event, we started back in 2018 with our festival of sport for primary pupils and have grown it each time with the development and involvement of the GB Olympians. This year’s event was by far the largest in terms of the numbers of pupils participating, the age range of pupils involved and being inclusive. Events were hosted at five of the seven EMAT schools, plus every school hosted its own fun run, providing many memorable moments for our pupils.
Check out the videos below for highlights from the various events.
Could you sponsor next year's event?
Next year we are aiming for the event to be bigger and better:
- We are involving more pupils and more schools
- Olympic Day events will take place at more school sites
- We will have even more Olympians and Paralympians taking part on the day to start the events, announce winners and inspire our pupils to aim high!
We are looking for sponsorship to help achieve this.
Funds raised through sponsorship will go towards various aspects of making the event a success. Examples include:
- T-shirts for the children and adults taking part
- Hire of a gazebo for each school taking part so they have a base for the day
- Food – lunch and drinks for children and adults involved
Both financial contributions and contributions-in-kind are welcome. We are open to discussion around ideas on how your company or organisation can be represented in return for sponsorship.
This is a very exciting project that will impact thousands of pupils and we hope you can get involved. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org